Terms and Conditions
Use of the website
The term 'Route 40' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Main Road, Hathersage, S32 1BB. Our company registration number is 6142911. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Route 40 and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Route 40. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Route 40 takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Route 40 - . All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Route 40 is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Route 40 may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- First and last name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you register on the website you have the option to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by logging into your account and changing your marketing preferences or by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Outside, Main Road, Hathersage, S32 1BB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Purchase of products
The steps required to create a contract between you and us are:
- You place an order for your products on the website by choosing "I agree to the terms and conditions" and pressing the "next" button at the end of the checkout process. You will then enter your payment details in series of simple steps on the website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email once your order request has been received. This will detail the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Route 40.
- We will send you a despatch confirmation email when your product is shipped from our warehouse.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch of your products unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions to cancel an order.
We may not be able to accept your order due to one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- The inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing, product description or image error.
- You being not being eligible to order due to our Terms & Conditions.
You are entitled to cancel this contract if you wish to do so provided that you exercise your right no longer than seven working days after the day on which you receive the products. Notification to cancel this contract must be made in writing. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract AFTER your order has already been despatched please follow the procedures set out in our returns procedure.
Please note that your right to return products does NOT apply to products which fall into the following categories unless they are found to be faulty:
- Goods made to your specification
- Perishable goods (for example food)
- DVD or other recorded media, CD or software if their seal is broken.
All prices stated are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
All orders will incur VAT* at 20% if applicable unless the order has come from within the EC and the customer is VAT registered and has supplied a VAT number. *Except Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney & Sark which are VAT Exempt and all orders from outside the EC.
If you want to order online using gift vouchers you need to add items to your basket as normal and proceed to the checkout. In the notes section on the delivery details page, please enter the Receipt Number and the Barcode Number (located underneath the barcode) from your gift voucher. Continue with the order - the full amount to be paid will be shown but this will not be debited from your card. When we receive the order we will deduct the value of the gift voucher from the full amount to be paid. If there is an outstanding amount to be paid we will charge your card for this amount. If the value of the gift voucher exceeds the full amount to be paid, we will send you out a new gift voucher for the remaining amount along with your order. Once you receive your order you can dispose of the original gift voucher.
Description of products
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time the information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions, images and prices appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the exact stock the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of products until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
All products being returned must be accompanied by a returns form
Please login to your account to fill in the online returns form.
Here at Route 40 we want you to be completely satisfied every time you use our site. Despite this we realise you may occasionally want to return items to us. If you change your mind about a purchase you can return any item(s) within a period of 28 days from the date on which the item was delivered. This applies to all purchases from our online store, excluding the following items which cannot be returned unless faulty:
- Goods made to your specification
- Perishable goods (for example food)
- DVD or other recorded media, CD or software if their seal is broken.
It is the buyer's responsibility to return the item(s) to us, including the original packaging and labels. To return an item to us please login to your account and click 'return' next to the order for which you have products you wish to return. You will be presented with an online form which you must complete and print. Once printed, tear off the address slip, pack the item(s) securely including the other half of the printed returns note and attach the address slip to the outside of the parcel. Please send it to us so that we receive it within 28 days from the date that the item was delivered to you. For your protection we recommend that you use an insured delivery service as you are responsible for the item until we have received it. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of return postage unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is found to be faulty.
Our stores are unable to refund orders which are placed online and returned in the shop. They can however receive the goods if accompanied by a returns note, for processing by the web sales team the next working day.
If any item purchased from Route 40 develops a fault after the initial 28 days please return it to us for inspection following the above returns procedure, clearly noting the nature of the fault. Any faulty products must be returned in a clean and dry condition or we will be unable to process them.